Das Keyboard PRIME 13 Mechanical Keyboard
On the left edge of the PRIME 13, we can see that the lower sections are slightly smaller than the thick aluminum top panel. The lower section is also inset on the edge and allows the PRIME 13 to be easily grabbed and moved. As in most instances, most of the keycaps at this point are leaning away from your hands.
The minimalistic design delivers a matte top plate, surrounding all of the standard keys. The font used is bold and easy to read, and in this instance, are backlit. We do see some secondary functionality along the top with more than just multimedia support.
The Escape key offers double duty delivering a way to put the PC into hibernation. The F1 is also used to dim the LED backlighting in six stages including off. F is then used to allow you to go back up in LED intensity.
F5 and the Function keys will allow you to skip back one track. The F6 is for play/pause functionality, and the F7 is used to move forward a track.
The last of the multimedia keys are found here. F9 is used to mute all sounds, F10 is to lower the volume, and F11 raises it.
At the right end of the PRIME 13, we see the top edge is raised, which is a Das Keyboard specialty. There are all of the command keys, arrows, and an all-inclusive number pad. The number pad also can be used for movement, catering to the left-hand users out there.
The right edge of the keyboard is nearly identical to what we saw on the left, just that this time we have extended the feet. This increases the angle of attack and puts all but the first row of keys angled toward the user.
From the right side, we creep around to the back edge, and we find this USB pass-through port, to make connectivity of other accessories easier. This is USB 2.0 but is plenty for data transfer or mouse functionality.
The two-meter cable sent on the PRIME 13 is thick, and is also covered with cloth braid from end to end. Near the gold plated connections, there is a plastic splitter to separate the leads, one of which is for keyboard functionality, while the other is used solely for the pass-through port.
Under the PRIME 13, we find two thin rubber strips for feet along the front edge. The back is supported in the raised sections of plastic, but the flip out feet. The sticker in the middle offers the company and product name, and also provides the serial number.
The flip out feet lock solidly into position, ready for use, and are not easily collapsed. The ends of the feet contain the tip made of rubber. So not only will they grip well when collapsed, but as they are extended, the rubber is still exposed to grip- the desktop.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced