Gamdias Hermes RGB Mechanical Keyboard
The left side of the Hermes RGB is made of a flat expanse of textured plastic, used as both the top section and the bottom section of the frame. With the feet still on the keyboard, the caps are left presented in a concave fashion, in which some of the keys are facing away from the user.
This overview of the main section of the Hermes RGB shows us that the font is clean and easy to read, and in various locations, we find keys with dual, even some with triple functionality.
The F2 is also used for the previous track function, the F3 is the next track, while the F4 swaps the arrow and WASD keys. Number one through number six is used to select the various profiles.
F5 offers the play/pause feature, and the F6 is to mute the sound. The F7 is then used to lower the sound, leaving the F8 key to raise it.
Using the Function key and F9 allows for on-the-fly Macro recording from the keyboard, without the need to have the software in play. Function and F11 will lock out all of the keys on the keyboard, so any accidental key presses from pets of kids will not have any effect.
The space bar and the B key are marked as G1 and G2 respectively and are what the basic options for Macro keys are. The Windows key to the right of the Alt key is also the Game key which locks out the odd switches that can take you out of the game and onto the desktop.
The command and number pad is all there, and again we find many keys on this side of the board with multiple purposes as well.
The Insert, Home, Delete, and End keys all swap through a few of the LED lighting schemes programmed for the Hermes. The Page Up and Page Down keys are what is used to increase or decrease the speed of the modes.
The number pad offers arrows for left-hand users to use, but that is not all. On the 2 and 8 keys, indicators are showing they are used to lower or raise the LED intensity for the various modes it can be used in.
The right side of the keyboard is also made of textured black plastic, but this time, we have extended the feet under the Hermes. This allows all of the key caps to have a forward lean and makes access to them all that much easier.
The Hermes RGB is sent with 1.8 meters of braided cable to connect it to the PC. We also find two hook and loop straps keeping the wire bundled, and makes traveling with this keyboard a fair bit easier.
Under the Hermes, we see that the majority of the bottom frame section is made of flat textured plastic. There are four feet along the front edge, and the flip out feet at the back support the rear. There are also some cable channels cut into the back edge and helps keep the wiring clean and out of your way when used to either side.
As for the flip out feet at the rear, they flip out to the back of the keyboard. While we prefer them to go sideways, we did not collapse this keyboard on accident at any time either. The tips of the feet have a rubber pad applied, and they are thick enough to be effective even when they are left in the bottom of the keyboard.
PRICING: You can find the GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GAMDIAS Hermes RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $87 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit