At the end of last year, ASUS and Netgear launched the first wave of tri-band Broadcom solutions in the R8500 and RT-AC5300. Six months later, Linksys is launching a new flagship solution dubbed the EA9500 - and it's actually a milestone for the platform as this solution is the first to support Broadcom MU-MIMO along with Seamless Roaming.
The EA9500 uses a Broadcom platform; it's actually based on the same SoC that was found in the Netgear and ASUS solutions, the BCM4709 dual-core operating at 1.4GHz. Linksys has paired their solution with 256MB of RAM and 128MB of flash. On the radio side, a PLX PEX8603 allows this solution to host two 5GHz BCM4366 4x4 radios with the 2.4GHz band using the same BCM4366 and four Skyworks SE2623L amps.
Pricing, Availability, and Specifications
Diving into the specifications, this solution is outfitted with a single 2.4GHz radio capable of 1000 Mbps while two 5GHz radios top out at 2167 Mbps. As mentioned above, this is a MU-MIMO platform sporting a dual-core CPU, beamforming, and eight adjustable antennas. This solution is marketed for very large homes and does features FAT, NTFS, and HFS file system support.
The MSRP of the Linksys EA9500 comes in at $429.99 and features three-year warranty and tech support.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for $350 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for £320 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired and Wireless Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Router Storage Testing & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure