At the end of last year, ASUS and Netgear launched the first wave of tri-band Broadcom solutions in the R8500 and RT-AC5300. Six months later, Linksys is launching a new flagship solution dubbed the EA9500 - and it's actually a milestone for the platform as this solution is the first to support Broadcom MU-MIMO along with Seamless Roaming.
The EA9500 uses a Broadcom platform; it's actually based on the same SoC that was found in the Netgear and ASUS solutions, the BCM4709 dual-core operating at 1.4GHz. Linksys has paired their solution with 256MB of RAM and 128MB of flash. On the radio side, a PLX PEX8603 allows this solution to host two 5GHz BCM4366 4x4 radios with the 2.4GHz band using the same BCM4366 and four Skyworks SE2623L amps.
Pricing, Availability, and Specifications
Diving into the specifications, this solution is outfitted with a single 2.4GHz radio capable of 1000 Mbps while two 5GHz radios top out at 2167 Mbps. As mentioned above, this is a MU-MIMO platform sporting a dual-core CPU, beamforming, and eight adjustable antennas. This solution is marketed for very large homes and does features FAT, NTFS, and HFS file system support.
The MSRP of the Linksys EA9500 comes in at $429.99 and features three-year warranty and tech support.
PRICING: You can find the Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for $350 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Linksys EA9500 MAX-STREAM AC5400 Wireless Router retails for £320 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Router Details]
- Page 3 [Management GUI Details and Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks- Wired and Wireless Throughput]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks – Router Storage Testing & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit