The management for the 879 is rather simple to use, and it all starts with a wizard to get the router setup.
After setup is complete, you land at the screen above. As you can see, D-Link has chosen to go with a modern look with tabs above and all the info you need at the bottom.
The Basic wireless menu allows you to change the SSID of your networks along with passwords and the bands you want to use.
QoS for the D-Link is one of the nicer setups I have seen. You simply select from the connected clients and drag and drop where you want them to be prioritized.
D-Link has also included a nice feature in the statistics server showing you the past few minutes of traffic on the router for each interface.
Tyler's Router Test System Specifications
- Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Premium - Buy from Amazon
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Memory: Klevv CRAS 16GB (4x4) DDR4 3000 - Read our review
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS Storage: Intel 730 480GB SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Secondary Storage: Intel 750 400GB U.2 SSD - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Thermaltake P5 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200 - Buy from Amazon
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
PRICING: You can find the D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router retails for $150 at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: The D-Link DIR-879 EXO AC1900 Wireless Router retails for £211 at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de