After the software was installed, and the firmware was updated, this is the window you are offered when the software first opens up. On the left, there is a drop-down box for the lighting modes with direction and color options below it. You can adjust the brightness, LED speed, and even have a tab for the Macro Manager. At the bottom, you can turn on or off the Game mode, as well as the Windows key lockout function, change the response time, and change the polling rate at the bottom. You may also click a key on the keyboard image, which brings up another sub-menu.
If you click on the box marked light effects, you are given a drop-down box that covers all of the lighting modes. There are a few listed here that are not available on the keyboard without software too.
By clicking on the Macro Management tab, this window pops up. First, you click on new, and in the left column, you may name the Macro. You then press the red recording button and insert the Macro, which is displayed in the center column. In the options column, you can also allow or remove delays, and you can insert a number at the bottom as to how many times you would like to loop this command.
By clicking on the Profile button at the bottom left of the main window, this is what you will see next. The left side of the window goes black and allows you to name and build profiles. Once saved, you can then select them and apply them to be used as one of the five profiles accessed via the keyboard.
There is a "?" at the top right of the window, and it has some things to check out as well. The first option given is to reset the keyboard, not just the profile you were working on. The next line will deliver you to the download page to grab the latest firmware, and the last line shows that it is currently on version 1.0 at the time of this image.
By pressing any key on the keyboard, this menu appears. The first tab allows you to select a single macro or keystroke in the top section. Below that you can even combine layers of commands.
Skipping over the Macro manager, since we covered that, we moved on to the Basic functions. Here you can set any key to any of the basic functions are shown in this drop-down list of commands.
In the Advanced tab, you can not only set keys as media player keys and such, but you can also search and select for the appropriate .exe file. Again, this does prove that Patriot is on point with their software, and leaves no stone unturned when it came to options.
PRICING: You can find the Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for $100 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Keyboard retails for £80 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Patriot Viper V760 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 4 [Viper V760 Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Former Facebook exec: Bitcoin will reach $1 million
- AMD Ryzen APU with Vega GPU leaked, but is already available
- Battlegrounds hits nearly 500,000 players on Xbox One so far
- Take-Two will publish Obsidian's new Fallout creator-led RPG
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series