Packaging and a Closer Look
Packaging for the MBP houses an image of the DAS on the front. Capacity is listed at the top right, while the Thunderbolt and USB logos are in the lower left.
The back of the box goes into further detail about the performance of the My Book Pro along a few marketing quotes.
Inside the box, the My Book Pro is packed quite well. Similar to the way we find NAS appliances the DAS is surrounded by foam while all the accessories are boxed separately.
Cables included with the My Book Pro are a USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt with the external power supply.
In our first look at the My Book Pro, we noticed its two-tone design. The front is a glossy piano black while the shell takes on a silver color. Two USB 3.0 ports flank the left side of the enclosure while the two drive bays sit to the right.
The backside of the enclosure houses a large cooling fan for the WD Black HDDs with connectivity to the right.
Inside the My Book Pro, our sample housed two 6TB WD Black hard drives, carrying the model number WD6001FZWX.
PRICING: You can find the WD My Book Pro 12TB Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Unit for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The WD My Book Pro 12TB Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Unit retails for $900 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The WD My Book Pro 12TB Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Unit retails for £835 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two will publish Obsidian's new Fallout creator-led RPG
- Andriod lollipop users now have Google Assistant
- Largest stolen credential data base found to date
- Twitch is now featured as an Alexa Echo Skill
- Google Duo rolled out to standard dial app
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series