Our Sequential read/write workload is centered on 128K transfer sizes.
Looking at our sequential test results for our RAID 0 arrays, we found the two drive array to top out around 450 MB/s read with write results managing to reach close to 500 MB/s.
Adding two drives for a total of four in RAID 0, the array performance almost doubled up to 850 - 900 MB/s write with read performance coming in at a touch over 800 MB/s. Adding four more drives bringing our total to eight drives our RAID 0 array touched upwards of 1650 MB/s read and 1750 MB/s write.
Moving on to our RAID 5, 6 and 10 arrays, we first start with RAID 10 with four drives reaching just over 800 MB/s read and 450 MB/s write. RAID 5 was able to touch north of 650 MB/s write with read performance coming in at 650 MB/s as well. RAID 6 was quite close to RAID 10 with read numbers touching 450 MB/s with write around 430 MB/s.
Touching on RAID 50, we find read performance touching very close to 1300 MB/s with write performance going over 1300 MB/s at 1320 MB/s. RAID 60 too was rather good, reaching just shy of 1000 MB/s write while read was just over 820 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find the Areca Technology ARC-1883i Eight-Port 12Gb/s SAS RAID Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Areca 1883i RAID Adapter]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Hunt: Showdown displayed in the amazing CRYENGINE V demo
- God of War could be the best looking game on the PS4 Pro
- Nimbus Data launches 100TB SSD, servers house 100PB easily
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit