Areca was founded fifteen years ago by a group of engineers with the core goal of providing leading edge technologies and the highest quality products. With years of experience that Areca has put into their products, they are now at the forefront of the storage industry with solutions ranging from SATA and SAS RAID adapters, HBAs, Expanders and Thunderbolt solutions.
With the launch of third-generation SAS products, Areca is now offering a full lineup of 12G SAS adapters including the 1883ix-12/16/24 along with the 1883LP, 1883x and the solution we are testing today the ARC 1883i. The 1883i is a dual SFF-8643 RAID controller featuring 2GB of onboard DRAM with a 1.2GHz dual-core RoC.
This solution along with each of the third-generation adapters from Areca are capable of supporting up to 256 12 Gb/s SAS SSD/HDD using the ARC 8028 Expander. As this unit sits it is capable of driving up to eight 12 Gb/s SAS or SATA hard drives along with SSDs if you are so inclined. For our testing, we will be using eight Seagate Enterprise Capacity V4 HDDs.
Above, we have the specifications for the ARC-1883i. For starters, as mentioned above in the introduction we have a dual-core RoC operating at 1.2GHz. Adding to this, Areca has designed the RAID adapter to use a PCIe 3.0 x8 interface offering 7.8 GT/s of throughput. 2GB of DDR3 1866 DRAM sets onboard featuring ECC support. RAID features for the 1883i include support for modes 0, 1, 3, 5 and 6 along with 10, 50 and 60 support.
PRICING: You can find the Areca Technology ARC-1883i Eight-Port 12Gb/s SAS RAID Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Areca 1883i RAID Adapter]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Palit's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti GamingPro pictured
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080/2080 Ti DUKE leaked
- NVIDIA's next-gen GeForce RTX 2080 Ti has 4352 CUDA cores
- MSI's new GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO teased
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Z68 Fatal1ty with Mushkin 2133 RAM errors
- Buy (10) Apple iPhone X $4,490 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Fnatic Flick 2 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada