Packaging and a Closer Look
The packaging for the Areca 1883i is above. The front of the box housing an image of the adapter with the 12 Gb/s SAS label in the bottom right.
The back of the box includes a full specification list along with features of each adapter model to the right.
The scope of delivery of the ARC-1883i includes the adapter at the top of the image along with driver disk along with Areca's McRAID. To the far right, we have the low profile adapter and SAS cables to the far left.
Looking at the RAID adapter, we have the dual SFF-8643 ports to the far right with an aluminum heat sink and the fan next to it. To the left on the PCB, we have connections to the battery backup unit, sold separately.
Above, we have a closer look at the SAS ports.
The PCI end of the 1883i includes a LAN port for accessing the management of the RAID adapter.
The back side of the card houses all 2GB of DRAM cache with our sample using Samsung.
Removing the heat sink from the Areca 1883i reveals the LSI SAS3108 RoC.
PRICING: You can find the Areca Technology ARC-1883i Eight-Port 12Gb/s SAS RAID Adapter for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Areca 1883i RAID Adapter]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - RAID Performance with ATTO]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SMB Workloads]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit