Ever since the release of the Corsair AX1200i digital power supply, we've seen a steady stream of digital power supplies bearing the Corsair logo. They have been revamping most of their products and as such, it seems only fitting that they add more features in an attempt to stay ahead of the competition. This includes the RMi series of units which is meant to be a rock solid unit without the bleeding edge price of a top end enthusiast units. We reviewed the RM1000i when it launched, and it proved to be a good unit.
The problem with adding more features is that it typically adds to the cost. On top of the added cost, some people simply prefer to have a simpler unit with fewer features. Think of it as a "simpler is easier" mantra. Enter the new RMx series from Corsair. It features the same build quality and performance as the RMi series, sans the digital control/monitoring from Corsair Link.
Corsair touts the same performance yet a lower price and let's face it, for most, they simply want the best bang for their buck. Let's start getting into this unit to see if that is just what it delivers.
Specifications, Availability, & Pricing
The Corsair RM1000x 1000W power supply features a single 12V rail rated for 83.3A or 1000W. Both the 3.3V and 5V rails are rated for 25A each with a combined maximum output of 150W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the Corsair RM1000x 1000W power supply is 1000W.
As far as specifications go, it features everything that Corsair features in all of their power supplies. There is a full suite of protections including SCP, OVP, OCP, OPP, and OTP. The unit features fully modular cables, all of which are either fully sleeved or of the flat ribbon type. The Corsair RM1000x is rated for 80 PLUS Gold efficiency. Finally, the power supply is rated for 100% continuous output at 50C.
The Corsair RM1000x 1000W has an MSRP of $179.99. This places pricing slightly above average for a 1000W Gold rated unit. The Corsair RM1000x is available immediately from the usual online outlets. Corsair backs the RM1000x with their standard seven-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Availability, & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Package & Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [Cabling Arrangement & A Look Inside]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 gets into the Halloween spirit
- Devil May Cry 5 Ultra Limited Edition costs $8600
- Epic delays full free-to-play version of Fortnite into 2019
- Oculus co-founder Brendan Iribe leaves company
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- JLab Audio Launches Over-Ear Sport Headphone
- Turtle Beach Launches The Elite SuperAmp Pro Performance Gaming Audio Controller For Xbox One And PlayStation 4
- Huawei launches Huawei Watch GT and Huawei Band 3 Pro
- Porsche Design and Huawei reveal the new Huawei Mate 20 RS
- Huawei unveils Huawei Mate 20 series