In this section, I will go through overclocking this board.
Max CPU Overclock is found by setting the VCore to 1.5v, Input voltage to 2.1v, cache voltage to 1.15v, booting with a CPU multiplier of 45x and disabling any features that would result in CPU frequency fluctuation. I then proceed into Windows and use software to increase the multiplier; in this case I opted to use GTL.
5.0GHz is the maximum of our CPU on this board and other X99 motherboards. It is clear that CPU overclocking is pretty good for high frequency. Maximum AIDA64 Stable Overclock (BIOS settings below for this):
I was easily able to pull off 4.5GHz on the CPU with 3.2GHz cache and a 2133MHz overclock on my memory manually tuning the UEFI.
Boards with the extra pins in the socket can overclock the cache further, on the X99-UD3P I was able to OC the cache to 4.3GHz, while the core was 4.5GHz.
PRICING: You can find the GIGABYTE X99-UD3P for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The GIGABYTE X99-UD3P retails for $203.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and the X99-UD3P]
- Page 3 [X99-UD3P Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [X99-UD3P Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM