The Lenovo W550s ThinkPad Mobile Workstation that we received came in the standard ThinkPad shipping box which was no different than the W540 we received earlier. This is a fine shipping box that protects the laptop inside without issues.
The W550s came with two heavy duty foam inserts to protect the laptop during shipping. These work very well to protect the laptop from drops, rough handling and punctures.
After taking the W550s out of the shipping foam and bag, we get our first look at the Lenovo ThinkPad W550s Mobile Workstation. The first impression is the W550s is fairly light weighing in at 5.47 lbs. The case is made of the same material as the W540 which is carbon fiber-plastic material and the surface texture has a matte feel to it, not very shiny, but overall it has high quality feel to it.
Taking out the rest of the shipping contents we find the battery which is 6 cells with a 48 Whr estimated running time. Then we see the power brick and power cable. Simply plug the power cable into the power brick and then to your wall socket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 4 [Bundled Software]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and Other User Interface]
- Page 7 [Accessory Port Layout and Upgrade]
- Page 8 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 9 [CPU and Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overkill's The Walking Dead will be 'immersive and engaging'
- Eidos Montreal shifts towards online games
- AMD's next-gen 'Super Secret' Navi GPU teased
- Fallout developers won't use micro-transactions in new game
- Self-driving cars expected to create a $7 trillion industry
- IN WIN AURORA Addressable RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series