Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
With only one fan cooling the tower, at idle, we saw an average of 26.5 degrees, and a second fan dropped that another degree at idle. As for the loaded conditions, we find the SE 214X as shipped delivered a 53 degree average. Having a second fan running at the same speed only brought the temperature down 0.5 degrees.
Allowing the fan to do its thing at maximum potential for the overclocked runs, we saw the idle temperature rose only 0.25 degrees from stock testing, and when loaded the SE 214X gives us a 76 degree average in all testing. For those looking into that second fan, for these runs, the best we saw was 74.25 degrees, slightly less than a 2 degree advantage.
Noise Level Results
While the noise level is not all that bad with the fans spinning at 1300 RPM for the stock testing, looking to other coolers in this range, we come right back to the be quiet! Pure Rock that delivered a lot of the same as this offered, but does it with much less noise involved.
Allowing the fan to run full speed does not fare any better for ID-Cooling. With the fans now running at 1875 RPM, we were hearing 51 db of noise from the cooler. While not horrible, it is average at best.
PRICING: You can find the ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler retails for $34.99 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Battlerite Royale Early Access trailer released
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, official launch trailer released
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- اقرب توكيل وايت ويل شبرا الخيمة (01225025360) توكيل ص¡
- EP2C602 wont post
- AkkenCloud Announces Vendor Management Systems Integration Partnership with JobRobotix
- USR ID adds tamper alert feature to mobile phone proximity lock app Leash
- Bitmain Announces Next-Generation ASIC Chip, New Mining Machine will be Available Soon
- Awesome Adventuring on the Go: Broken Sword 5 - the Serpent's Curse launches today on Nintendo Switch
- Uncle Death Radically Skateboards His Way to PC in LET IT DIE, Coming Soon to Steam