Let's dig deeper
As mentioned before, this headset offers a nice and light-feeling package when compared to other headsets I've used in the recent past (Tt eSPORTS Dracco Captain and Tt eSPORTS Shock 3D 7.1 in particular), however, when wearing the headset in order for me to take some photos, the first thing my girlfriend said was "wow, these are pretty heavy".
Using an over-the-ear circular ear cup design, I haven't had any major discomfort or 'hot ear' issues when gaming and working for up to 10 hours at a time (with short breaks). However, because the ear cups are made of cloth and not leather, you may have some issues when taking off and putting on the headset repeatedly - this is due to cloth material being more abrasive when rubbed on your ears and head.
But oh boy, that headband. Not only does it make this headset look like it's worth over double its retail price, it's also the most comfortable regular style headband I've used in my life. The silky soft leather provides brilliant cushioning for long gaming sessions, adding greatly to the overall comfort of this headset.
The microphone is easily detachable, as mentioned before, and offers an easy-to-bend design, meaning you can confirm it to your needs. This is a much better option than seen on most other manufacturer's microphone booms, with this creating almost 100% flexibility with no worry of breaking the internals.
Overall, the only real improvement I would like to see CM Storm make is to add leather ear cups into the mix, even if it makes the headset cost an extra $5 in-store.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Steam gives option to view user accounts 'total spendings'
- Sony launch PlayStation Hits, amazing titles for only $20
- Former Sony boss says cross-play block is 'money' related
- Kingdom Hearts III story re-explained by series of videos
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit