The product specifications for the X10DAX are very similar to the X10DAi. The X10DAX has added workstation features like audio outputs, but the big difference between these boards is that unlike the X10DAi, the X10DAX supports 3-way GeForce SLI (4-way SLI support for dual GPU video cards), and includes Supermicro's Hyper-Speed features.
Here we get a look at the block diagram, which shows how all of the input and output devices connect to the C612 Chipset. Let's move on and take a look at the motherboard.
Here we get our first look at the X10DAX workstation motherboard.
The X10DAX can fit many cases, including different rack mount types and 4U tower cases. It also has a nice, clean layout, and CPU sockets that are staggered to offer better airflow to the processor heat sinks. The X10DAX should run nice and cool.
Here we see the PCIe slots, which are:
- 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16
- 3x PCI-E 3.0 x8
The 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots support 3-way GeForce SLI (4-way SLI support for dual GPU video cards). Just to make a note of the battery location, it is right under the release tab of PCIe slot number two, which does make it difficult to remove the battery if you need to.
Here we are looking at the upper right section of the motherboard. There are only two fan headers located here, in addition to the audio front panel connector just to the right of the first USB stack. A third fan header is located just to the left of the memory slots on the left side.
Now we are looking at the lower left side of the motherboard. There are ten SATA ports seen here. The Intel SCU controls the top four S-SATA ports. The Intel PCH C612 chipset controls the remaining six I-SATA Ports. The X10DAX does not have the LSI 3008 SAS3 12Gbps controller that the X10DAC does, so those locations are empty.
The lower right side of the motherboard has its main power connectors over on the right edge of the motherboard.
Now we are looking at the back I/O ports. At the left, we see the audio front panel header. Next, we find two USB 2.0 ports, and two USB 3.0 ports. Following the first four USB ports, we have the 7.1 Channel High-Definition audio outputs. Then we find two Gigabit Ethernet ports. The last stack features two USB 3.0 ports.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Layout]
- Page 3 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Hyper-Speed]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [UnixBench and SPEC CPU2006v1.2]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit