Today we are going to take a look at the Supermicro X10DAX workstation motherboard. This board is very similar to the X10DAi motherboard we previously reviewed.
The Supermicro X10DAX workstation motherboard is one of three products in this class; the products in this class include the X10DAi, the X10DAC, and the X10DAX. The X10DAX adds overclocking features (BCLK only), which Supermicro calls "Hyper-Speed," and it also adds support for 3-way GeForce SLI (4-way SLI support for dual GPU video cards).
All three motherboards support dual Intel E5-2600 v3 (Socket R3) Haswell-EP processors that are based on Intel's 22nm processing technology. Supermicro designed these motherboards as balanced solutions that deliver performance, power efficiency, and feature load. The key features of the X10DAX workstation motherboard are:
- Dual HSW EP E5-2600 v3 (Socket R3 up to 160W), QPI up to 9.6GT/s
- Supports 3-way GeForce SLI, (4-way SLI support for dual GPU video cards)
- Hyper-Speed and Hyper-Turbo performance boost
- Intel C612 chipset
- 16 DIMM, 1TB Reg. ECC DDR4 up to 2133 MHz
- Three PCIe 3.0 x16, two PCIe 3.0 x8, one PCIe 2.0 x4 (in x8 slot)
- Ten SATA3, eleven USB ports (six USB 3.0)
- 7.1 HD audio
- Six USB 3.0
- Thunderbolt AOC support
- 12" x 13" E-ATX Form Factor
Some of the key features of the X10DAX include Supermicro's Hyper-Speed hardware acceleration technology and Hyper-Turbo mode, which allow more power to be delivered to the CPUs and maximize the CPU Turbo Mode frequency.
7.1 HD audio and Thunderbolt AOC support are included to round out the features on the X10DAX. Let's move on to unpacking this motherboard.
Today we have what looks like a new retail box for a Supermicro product - new to us anyway. This is a nice, catchy, bright blue colored box, and it looks very good.
On the back, we have a product matrix that shows feature listings for a wide range of motherboards offered by Supermicro.
Here we get our first look at the retail package contents.
Upon removing the top layer of packaging, we find the X10DAX motherboard inside. Simple foam padding protects the contents.
Here we get a look at the accessories for the X10DAX; these accessories include:
- Six SATA cables
- One I/O shield
- One Quick Reference Guide
A convenient checklist for the provided accessories is also included. Optional accessories are:
- Heat Sinks
- TPM security module - TPM module with Infineon 9655, RoHS/REACH, PBF (vertical or horizontal depending on the server layout and expansion cards used)
- SuperDOM - Supermicro SATA DOM Solutions
- Thunderbolt 2, W/Display and GPIO cable
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro X10DAX Workstation Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Supermicro X10DAX retails for $440.00 at Amazon.