We're thrilled to be taking a look at a ViewSonic monitor for the first time. ViewSonic is a name synonymous with displays, and as such, the company's monitors are ubiquitous and all around you.
We're going to be taking a look at a general purpose 22-inch display from ViewSonic, namely the VX2263Smhl (from here on out, VX2263). While it might not have all of the gaming-centric features some of the other displays we've reviewed have, it certainly has a great picture.
We'll go ahead and dive into the review now, before I let too much slip in the introduction.
Specifications, General Features & Pricing
We'll go ahead and start with the basics. The VX2263 is a 21.5-inch panel with a resolution of 1920x1080. So far, so good. At this screen size, 1080p still looks quite sharp, so no complaints in this department.
It features a 60Hz refresh rate at 1080p, and has a typical response time of 5ms. As you can guess, this monitor isn't for the hardcore gamer, but could find its way onto the desk of many who do more work than play.
Contrast is spec'd at 250 cd/m^2, and the contrast ration is said to 1000:1. Viewing angles, according to the manufacturer, are quite good at 178 and 178, a spec we will put to the test in a few pages.
Inputs come as a standard 15-pin VGA, an HDMI, and an HDMI/MHL combo. MHL, for those who don't know, is a standard for mobile phones to connect up to a display. It stands for Mobile High-Definition Link.
The display does have two 1.5W speakers built-in, but we always shy away from built-in speakers where possible. Power consumption is stated to be 20W, with 17W and 14W for Eco mode and Power Save mode, respectively.
The display features only tilt adjustment, with the monitor being able to tilt 5 degrees forward and 15 degrees backward. We do, of course, also have 100mm x 100mm VESA mounting capability, allowing you to mount the display to the wall or a different stand.
The display also features ViewSonic's SuperClear image enhancement technology, and features an anti-glare hard coating, which we found to work quite well indeed.
Gaming Specific Features
As this is a general purpose monitor, there are no real gaming specific features to discuss.
PRICING: You can find the ViewSonic VX2263smhl-w 22-Inch SuperClear IPS LED Monitor for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series