For PC gamers, SteelSeries is a brand I don't need to reintroduce - for everyone else, SteelSeries is a company that has been a staple of PC gaming headsets (and other gaming products) for quite some time now. The company hit major success with its Siberia headset, but since then, it has been all but quiet - until now, that is.
A couple of months ago, the company teased its upcoming range of Siberia headsets, filling out the bottom end right up to the top. Today, we have the Siberia Elite Prism, a major upgrade on the fan favorite, Siberia.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Starting with the specifications on the Siberia Elite Prism, we have a well-rounded headset that is filled to the brim with features and a great list of specifications - something we have detailed below.
SteelSeries has provided a headset with two speakers, with a Frequency Response of between 16-28,000 Hz, Impedance of 32 Ohm, and Sensitivity of 120 dB. We have a pull-out microphone, with Frequency between 100-10,000 Hz, Impedance of < 2.2K Ohm, and Sensitivity of -44 dB.
The company has provided a decently long 1.2m (4-foot) capable, with an extension cable of another 2m (6.6 feet) - this is one of the great things about the Siberia Elite Prism, it can have a short cable, or if you need it - an extended cable. It has two connectors: 3.5mm 4-pole, and 3-pole. These connectors are great, as they break away - so if you trip over your cable, it will disconnect - saving it from being yanked from your PC.
The Siberia Elite Prism is available in two colors: black and white. We received the one version for our testing.
SteelSeries has priced the Siberia Elite Prism at 199.99 Euros on its website ($249 USD), but it can be found on Amazon for as low as $199 - and at the time of writing, on sale for around $160. This is a great price, considering what we have here with the Siberia Elite Prism.
What's In The Box
Presentation is something that SteelSeries has done extremely well, so let's take a look at, around, and inside of the Siberia Elite Prism box.
On the front of the box, we have a nice look at the headset itself, teasing "Siberia Design. Superior Sound" and that it is capable of Dolby Pro Logic IIx. We can also see in the upper right hand corner that the headset will work with Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and the PlayStation 4.
That style and quality packaging continues onto the back, where we're hit with a bunch of details on the headset itself. SteelSeries explain the Siberia Elite Prism from top to bottom, as well as the gist of what its SteelSeries Engine software will do, at the bottom. In the bottom right hand corner, we're told about the box contents.
Even the sides of the packaging has a really nice touch to it.
Inside of the packaging, apart from the headset itself, we have the USB cable, the extension cable, manual and a SteelSeries sticker.
Opening the package up, we see that the headset is nicely protected inside.
Out of its package, we have it on our headphone stand, with the box in the background.
PRICING: You can find the SteelSeries Siberia Elite Prism Gaming Headset - Arctic White for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ready Player One's first full trailer is here
- Netflix: 1 billion hours streamed content PER WEEK in 2017
- Galaxy S9 could be the fastest-charging smartphone EVER
- Female characters in PUBG have a camel toe... will be edited
- NiceHash will reimburse ALL users from $60 million BTC hack
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- LaCie 2Big Dock Thunderbolt 3 20TB External HDD Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series