Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing
From what we have seen from Thermaltake and their eSPORTS division lately, they have definitely proven themselves to be one of those companies that can stand the test of time, roll with the punches, and be an industry leader. Thermaltake is always trying to be on the cutting edge, and innovate that next big thing. Gone are the days of budget products hanging on shelves at local electronics stores with enough dust on them to choke a horse. Thermaltake has fully shed that image in our minds, and as we show you their latest peripheral to hit the desk for testing, they will prove their prowess once again.
Team DK has dished above average paint out to Thermaltake products, and has been a great influence in the shaping, layout, and feel of these gaming mice. Thermaltake has really produced some great gaming mice for gamers, by gamers. What we don't typically see in many gaming mice are enough options for left hand users, either dedicated, or ambidextrous. The mouse we are reviewing today is ambidextrous in design, and even as a right hand user, the feel is still great. Like the Level 10M, this mouse also offers the Air-Through Ventilation design, so long hours of gaming are much cooler, and it will be much harder to lose your grip on this mouse, with either hand.
Because the Air-Through Ventilation is such a huge influence on the overall design of this latest gaming mouse from Thermaltake, the name of the mouse is Ventus, reflecting the well ventilated design. The mouse also boasts a full gaming feature set. These features include three LED zones on the mouse, seven programmable buttons, five profiles, and software to take full control of the Ventus for any occasion. Along with the Ventus Ambidextrous Gaming mouse, we were also sent the Draconem aluminum mouse pad to test alongside the Ventus. So, after a couple of weeks on the desk, we are finally able to tell you exactly what the Ventus and Draconem bring to today's gamers.
We snipped the chart Thermaltake eSports offers on the Ventus to show you the product's features and specifications. We find that the Ventus is only available in black, but the entire surface does have a rubberized coating applied. It shows this is a laser sensor based mouse with a maximum of 5700DPI, as they are using the Avago ADNS A9500. There are seven buttons found on the mouse, and with five profiles, this is how they come to the 35 possible Macros figure. All Macros can be held on the 128kb of onboard memory. While RTS, FPS, and MOBA gaming is listed for the Ventus, this mouse would truly suffice in any situation. We mentioned the three zones of LED, but the options for those are red LEDs, or no LEDs. There is a 1.8 meter braided cable attached with a gold-plated USB 2.0 connection at the end. The Ventus also offers a weight system, and software. All of these features are packed into a mouse that is 125mm long, 65mm in width, and only 39mm tall.
The Draconem aluminum mouse pad is, of course, based on a cut slap of aluminum that is 2mm in thickness. The aluminum base features a brushed finish, and two usable surfaces, one on either side of the pad. The red and black surface is very aggressive in texture to provide superior accuracy for finite movements. On the reverse side is a black surface that is much smoother, which makes gliding across the Draconem much easier, and still offers a great deal of accuracy and sensitivity. Two other bonuses to this design is that the four corners offer removable covers that act as feet. If the Draconem decides it wants to move around during use, make sure to use the black rubber covers on the corners. The second bonus to this pad is that there is also a two piece cord bungee included in the box. So, not only do we get one of the biggest aluminum pads on the market, but it is also one of the most feature rich designs we have ever seen.
As we were writing this, we took the time to visit all the usual haunts to find listings for these products. However, when it comes to the Ventus and the Draconem, stock is not showing up for sale anywhere, and site search engines are coming up blank. We couldn't even locate a pre-order listing anywhere. Thankfully, Thermaltake always lists the MSRP of their products on their respective webpages, so you can cross reference before you add anything to the cart. On the Thermaltake Ventus product page, we saw that the Ventus mouse has an MSRP of only $49.99. As for the Draconem, it is a tad pricey in comparison to cloth mouse pads, but we feel the MSRP of $39.99 is more than fair for the quality and extras it offers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [Tt eSPORTS Ventus Ambidextrous Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Ventus]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation Classic: Sony can't prevent hacking with patches
- Devil May Cry 5 has optional microtransactions
- Don't walk - run for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- 124 Switch games require paid subscription to play online
- Telltale Games shuts down, future games likely cancelled
- Battery Issue
- Crucial BX500 SSD Review - Fewer Components, Lower Prices
- Laptop won't turn on after battery died
- For Sale [5Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $3,995CAD
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games