Random and Sequential Workloads with HDDs
All testing below was done with eight WD Red 2TB drives.
Random read was rather impressive across all arrays. As you can see at QD32, we were able to reach 600 IOPS across the board.
Random write was quite good with RAID 0, while RAID 10 came in at 1160 IOPS at QD32.
RAID 0 and RAID 5 paved the way with sequential, reaching 719 MB/s and 722 MB/s, respectively.
RAID 0 again was the quickest array with sequential write, coming in at 702 MB/s.
Random and Sequential Workloads with SSDs
All testing below was done on eight SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB SSDs.
Above, we have our very first test run with SSDs. As you can see, we maxed out Thunderbolt 2 at 63,284 random read IOPS.
Random write IOPS came in at 69,511 at QD16.
Sequential read for the Areca came in at 1448.4 MB/s at QD32.
Sequential write came in at 1386.7 MB/s at QD32 with our RAID 0 array.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Areca ARC-8050T2 Thunderbolt 2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random and 128K Sequential Workloads]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Latency and Mixed Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AJA System Test]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- PUBG's 'Event Mode' will have rotating game types and modes
- Custom Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons will come with a D-pad
- Nintendo debut eShop sale in North America and Europe
- Dying in Sea of Thieves will soon cost you in-game gold
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit