As of late, Vantec has been revamping their product line-ups and their brand. In the past few months, we have seen a higher attention to detail and higher quality products being brought to market, and that continues today with Vantec's new USB 3.0 Hub.
The product we are looking at today is the UGT-AH100U3, or the 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub, from Vantec. This hub features 10 ports laid out across an aluminum rectangle that accepts power for all the port via an external adapter that is supplied with the unit. For compatibility with the Vantec 10 Port Hub, it requires no driver and should have no issues plugging into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port, but it's safe to say you will want to use a USB 3.0 port for the best in performance.
MSRP for the Vantec 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $59.99 with a one-year warranty.
Scope of delivery includes the USB 3.0 cable, power adapter, and reading materials.
Here you can see the front of the hub and the 10 ports. Each port carries its own LED, which lets you know the device that's plugged in is active.
Here you can get an idea of the profile of the Vantec hub.
The end of the hub houses the USB 3.0 input and power connection.
Performance of the hub was tested with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plugged into the last port of the hub. As you can see, we had no issues with performance, and we were able to maximize the capabilities of our system's USB 3.0.
USB hubs have long been a staple on the desktop, and while many systems are now coming with a plethora of USB 3.0 ports, it's always nice to have a hub on your desk where you can plug in many drives and go without having to fiddle around with the back of your PC.
Build quality of this unit was superb. The aluminum construction gives a certain appeal to the hub while also making it strong enough to handle a few drops.
Performance of the hub was great as well. We had no bottlenecking issues with the hub and were able to hit 436 MB/s read with ease.
MSRP of the Vantec 10-Port Hub is set at $59.99 with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Vantec 10-Port Hub for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Vantec 10-Port Hub retails for $57.80 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus is for new beefy gaming phones
- ASUS ROG Phone II sports next-gen Snapdragon 855 Plus chip
- Xbox Kinect sensors being used as cameras in Newark airport
- uPlay+ is transformative for Ubisoft's digital business
- Control's PC requirements: GTX 1060, Intel i5-7500, 8GB RAM
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access