Introduction of the ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC
NVIDIA video cards have been quiet over recent months as AMD partners continue to push out variations of the company's R series of video cards, and AMD themselves took the top spot with the release of the new R9 295X2 8GB dual-GPU beast that seems to have no problems taking on our current crop of games at almost any resolution.
Today, though, we've not only got the chance to check out a new high-end model from ASUS, but we also get the chance to check out a high-end NVIDIA card, which is something we haven't really done in a while now. The ASUS GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC sounds mean. But the question is, does the cards performance match a name like this?
ASUS has always done a good job of impressing us when it comes to almost anything. We've seen some fantastic motherboards and video cards from the company, and we hope today isn't any different. As always, there's a few things we need to do before we find out just how the card does in terms of performance.
So, let's leave it at that and move on to the package to see just what ASUS is offering us here today with the GTX 780 ROG Poseidon Platinum 3GB OC.
Package - What comes inside the box
Taking a look at the front of the box, you can see it's very plain looking. You can see the model and the series name along with the normal array of logos. You can also see mention of Air or Liquid cooling being an option. If we open up the flap, you can see some details in regards to some of the main features that are being offered. On the left side, you can see the focus in regards to the DirectCU H2OHybrid Cooling system that ASUS has implemented.
We'll take a closer look at this in a moment, but what it gives you is the ability to implement the card into your water cooling loop if you have one. On the right hand side, you can see mention of the DIGI+ VRM with Black Metallic Capacitors, and below that, you can see the ROG LED light that is included on the cooler.
Moving to the bottom part of the box, you can see our first look at the card. While we don't get a look at the whole thing, we do get a bit of an idea what's going on regards to the cooler and the shroud. We'll take a closer look in just a moment. Finishing up our look with the box, you can see the back gives us a large break down on the cooler and how exactly it works.
We can see how the H2O+ part of the cooler works, which includes the Water Channel and Vapor Chamber. We can also see the other parts of the cooler, which include the massive heat plate and fan setup. Across the bottom, you can also see the main specifications and information in regards to the I/O connectors.
When it comes to the package, it's surprisingly small. You can see above that there's not a whole lot going on with the Speed Setup Guide and Driver CD and a Dual 6-Pin PCIe to Single 8-Pin PCIe and Republic Of Gamers case badge to round things off.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 15 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit