File Transfer Speeds
In our file transfer test, we use a single 4GB ISO file and transfer it from test system one to our second test system via the network. To eliminate any bottlenecks, each system is utilizing a Corsair Neutron 256GB SSD.
Here we have the results from our file transfer testing with the 818DRU. As you can see, this router did quite well. Overall, the router produced excellent real-world transfer speeds through all wired and wireless setups. LAN was able to hit the 111 MB/s mark, while 802.11ac touched 74 MB/s.
The TRENDnet 818DRU is quite the router, and one that certainly surprised me. Coming off the high that was the R7000 from Netgear, having a router that features internal antennas perform so well is pretty amazing.
Alas, we must first talk build quality, where the TRENDnet uses a very nice BOM. The plastics of this unit aren't what we typically find with routers and it feels like TRENDnet chose to use a flexible plastic that carries a slight amount of bounce. This should help with durability as the plastics aren't so rigid that a sudden drop would crack the unit.
On to performance, which is where I found the router rather impressive. Throughout all testing, the 818DRU was near the top of the charts, and if we focus on the real-world file transfers, then you will see that the 818DRU could possibly be the overall best router on the market at this point.
MSRP for the TRENDnet 818DRU is listed at $179.99 with a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the TRENDnet 818DRU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The TRENDnet 818DRU retails for $179.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Super Smash Bros. Ultimate/GameCube Controller now
- Hollow Knight for Switch, Gods & Glory free DLC details
- Resident Evil 2 remake PC requirements announced
- Gears of War 5 on PC scales incredibly well, up to 120FPS
- Red Dead Redemption 2 may come to PC
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 Review
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit