Installation and Finished Product
As the instructions showed us to, we adjusted the insert at the end of the legs on the plate, and then we removed the paper on the pad to expose the tape that will stick this plate to the motherboard, and keep it from falling out when trying to screw in the block.
When installing the plate to the motherboard, for certain sockets, you will need to make certain the orientation is correct to allow the top socket screws to pass by the plate.
After we set the screws for the block, it was time for a few more images. The head unit is a bit taller than the usual AIO offering, but much smaller than most other options you have that deliver the level of performance that the Glacer 240L brings.
In our installation, the fitting has the clamp turned out of the way already, which is nice, but I can see some heat spreaders rubbing up against it. You do have the option to turn the head unit ninety degrees on most boards, but then the logo is oriented funny.
Stepping back a bit, there isn't much left to do. The block is mounted, the tubing will go anywhere we need it to, and the fan connection is made for the pump, but we do still have to make the SATA power connection.
Sneaking the head unit in through the D-frame allows us to make a clean run to the CPU socket during testing. I know some will say the radiator is upside down, but we test with the chassis in multiple positions, and even like this there was no performance drop, they did a great job of topping this off with as little air left in the loop as possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard