It has been a while since we last saw a product from Func with the MS-3 and Surface 1030 L combo, and also since I have tested a mechanical keyboard that offers the softest and most silent operation; the Cherry MX red switches. While I tend to prefer heavier springs, a tactile feel, and an audible click, I find that many users tend to like these red switches, and it seems time to give them another go around to see if my impressions have changed. I had to go way back to find the last time we had tested a board with red switches. It seems it was the GIGABYTE Osmium just over a year ago, and my introduction to mechanical keyboards with the Corsair K60 and K90.
Today, we are looking at the newest keyboard to be released from Func. While in most instances, adding the word "gaming" to a product is usually just for hype, and a tag word that will hopefully bring better sales numbers. However, this time the "gaming' bit of the name is actually relevant. It means something more than just a way to bolster sales. Func has taken the basic 104-key layout, but then added software that allows users to manipulate the various profiles and Macros, and has the ability to store said changes right on the keyboard.
This means that once you have it set up just the way you like things, when you attach it to another system, there is no need to re-install the software unless you plan to change the Macros on the various profiles. This software system will also allow you to import Macros from a mouse, or previous keyboard as well.
Stick with us as we take an in depth look at the new Func KB-460 Gaming Keyboard. Not only will you find that what Func has provided works well all on its own as a plug and play keyboard with full NKRO support, but you will also find that once the software is installed, you can install up to fifty Macros across the five profiles; all within just a click or two to use any, and all of them.
On top of all of this, the KB-460 is also backlit with red LEDs to allow for limited eye strain during long hours of gaming in the dark. All of the pegs are lined up for this Func keyboard to climb to the top of the keyboard ladder. Now, we just have to put the KB-460 through its paces, and see if there are any stumbles as it reaches for that next peg.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Func KB-460 Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard]
- Page 5 [Func KB-460 Continued]
- Page 6 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 7 [Inside the Func KB-460]
- Page 8 [Software]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warhammer: Chaosbane 2nd round of beta access available now
- Kid Goku (GT) will be added to Dragon Ball FighterZ in May
- Overcooked 2 new season pass 'Campfire Cook Off' DLC out now
- Elmo fixes feud between Cersei and Tyrion in Game of Thrones
- Mortal Kombat 11 launch trailer is a high dose of nostalgia
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!