Apart from a few of the lower-end models that we've yet to look at, the release of the R9 270 really brings the whole line up of new AMD cards to an end. As the name suggests, the new R9 270 sits just below the R9 270X and above the R7 260X. AMD has really brought a ton of new models to the table with the new R series of cards and we've said it once and we'll say it again, AMD has really done an excellent job with these new cards.
Not only have they managed to offer some fantastic performance and some great new features, but they've really hit the nail on the head when it comes to the pricing on the cards, enough to really send NVIDIA into a bit of a stir.
Today we're looking at the new R9 270, as we've just mentioned, and this is a model that AMD has chosen to not really offer reference cards on. This isn't the first time we've seen this with the latest launch, we also didn't see a reference card for the R9 280X 3GB.
It will be interesting to see if AMD can continue the strong trend that they have going since the launch of the new series. We do wonder though, is the non X variant of the R9 270 just one model too many? Well we'll figure that all out over the coming pages. For now, let's get stuck into the package to see just what HIS is bringing to the table with the new HIS R9 270 IceQ X2 2GB.
Looking at the box, you can see a very typical IceQ X2 design going on. The front gives us the brand and model along with a few of the major features. Turning it over you can see some of those major features covered in more detail, including the Full Solid State Capacitors, IceQ X2 Cooling Technology and Dynamic Phase control PWM IC along with mention the card is quieter and cooler thanks to the IceQ X2 cooler.
Taking a look above, you can see the bundle we've got going on which isn't complete unfortunately. While above you can see the manual, case sticker, and DVI to VGA connector, what you can't see are the CrossFire Bridge and Driver CD which are both included in the full retail versions of the card. The reason for the incomplete package is due to the sample coming quite early to us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit