The Cable Summary looks a little more complicated than it really is. Corsair does a good job of providing cables and connectors with the RM850. For those that need it, there are two EPS12V connectors included. PCI-E connectors come in three cables with two connectors each giving you the ability to power three GPU's. SATA cables come in long and short varieties to reduce cable clutter.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Opening things up, we find the first power supply that we've ever seen designed by Chicony Power Technology. They are a Taiwanese based manufacturer. Curiously enough, Chicony only makes the 750W and 850W RM power supplies. We'll certainly want to take a look at the other wattages to see how they compare.
A Nichicon bulk capacitor sits on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with a bunch of Taicon caps. We've not seen Taicon capacitors before either, but even though they are Taiwanese made, they are also a division of Nichicon and are quality capacitors.
Cooling our RM850 is Corsair's NR135L 135mm fan.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit