Antec has stepped up the game a little bit here in the cable selection department. The PCI-E cables being available in different lengths are a very nice addition and some of it is due to how they have configured the 12V rails. Aside from the dual CPU connectors, there are six PCI-E, nine SATA, six Molex and a single FDD connector available for use.
The way the four 12V rails are set up are totally up to the user with the exception of 12V1. It must power the peripheral devices. The rest depend on what the user wants to do because of the use of the 16-pin connectors. Let's look at the front of the power supply again to explain this a bit more.
As you can see, each of the 16-pin connectors are powered by two different 12V rails. What makes this so special is that there are 8-pin and one 16-pin connectors that can be used to pull power from these. This means that you can choose to use 12V1 to power the 24-pin Main connector and 12V2 for the CPU power or you can swap them the other way as well. In the same token, you can also split the rails that power each individual video card if you wish. It really offers an unparalleled flexibility with the 12V rails and lets the user configure them to specifically fit their needs.
A Look Inside
Inside the unit we find that the HCP Platinum is a complete redesign. You can tell by the design of the unit and lack of significant heat sinks that the unit is meant to run cool from the start.
A pair of Nippon Chemi-Con bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with a bunch of Nippon Chemi-Con caps.
Antec chose to cool the HCP-850 Platinum with the Delta AFB1312M 135mm fan.
Something that we don't normally see are additional heat sinks on the daughterboard for the modular connectors, but they are certainly present here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit