When we tested the Crucial M500 960GB, we spoke of a new era in solid state storage devices - the Tera Era. Advances in NAND flash manufacturing technology has led to smaller dies or higher density. The increased density has changed a lot of what we've come to expect from SSDs.
New products with higher density flash have moved the performance sweet spot to 256GB and 512GB, with 128GB class products performing like 64GB products from yesteryear. At the same time, the density increases have moved high capacity SSDs into the terabyte zone.
By using 16 of Toshiba's new 19nm Toggle 2.0 Type C flash chips, MyDigitalSSD managed to squeeze 1024MB on a single 2.5" form factor PCB. This is only the second such product in this capacity size that we've seen, the first coming from Crucial.
Paired with the massive capacity of flash is a Phison S8 controller. We've used this controller in a couple of different capacity sizes and with both 8K and 16K page size Toggle, Type B and C. Those tests revealed interesting results. The BP4 product lineup produces very high sequential read performance, but at the same time, weak random write performance.
Making up for the lower than usual write performance, the BP4 products deliver exceptional battery life in notebooks thanks to very low idle power consumption.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [MyDigitalSSD BP4 960GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Power and Thermal Testing]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]