High Quality AA and AF
While we test all our games with maximum in-game settings, turning on Anti-Aliasing (AA) and Antistrophic Filtering (AF) helps take the intensity of our testing to another level.
Here we see video cards go from playable FPS to an unplayable FPS and the real power houses continue to help break that 60 FPS mark we always aim for to provide a smooth gaming experience.
Far Cry 2 sees a bit of change, but you can see at both resolutions, we've got some strong FPS at both resolutions, including even the more intensive 2560 x 1600.
With our non-AA and AF tests struggling under Metro Last Light, it comes as no surprise that the numbers we want here unreachable when we turn on the two heavy hitting technologies.
We can see some excellent gains under Just Cause 2 with over 20% being seen at 2560 x 1600. You can see, though, with a 55 FPS average, we're still below the magical 60 FPS number we're always aiming for, but not too far off if you dropped graphics quality settings a little.
Sleeping Dogs sees some good gains, but like Metro Last Light, the numbers are just too low to be considered playable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Respawn CEO apologizes to gamers for devs INSULTING Apex Legends fans
- CDPR talks about how Cyberpunk 2077 will use RTX features at Gamescom
- Cerebras Systems has largest chip EVER with 1.2 TRILLION transistors
- NVIDIA reveals ray tracing powered Control trailer at Gamescom 2019
- Alienware's new Aurura R9 desktop looks like it's from another world
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Corsair HS35 Stereo Gaming Headset Review
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director