Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $1019.99 the EVGA GTX TITAN 6GB SuperClocked is an extremely expensive video card, but you can't deny the great performance that it offers. We understand that the dual GPU option isn't for everyone, and the upcoming HD 7990 from AMD is something that doesn't really interest everyone. So, the price could be justified.
The GTX TITAN is just all about performance, and performance it offers. The numbers that we're getting out of this single GPU setup is quite amazing. You can see, though, that there's still room to move, as games like Nexuiz struggle after 1680 x 1050 and Sleeping Dogs with AA and AF on is still also an issue, even for such a powerful video card. While people continue to argue that there's nothing out there that can make use of the power of these video cards, we disagree with what they say.
The biggest issue with the model, though, continues to be the availability. Even at this price we continue to hear murmurs that NewEgg get only just a few cards here and there and they are then shipped straight out to people who have the product on back order.
While people say we continue to struggle in the current economy, we can't deny the fact that there's clearly a demand for video cards that top the four figure price range, like all those years ago. From the AMD side of things there's really no competition for this model - the HD 7970 GHz Edition while being a strong and capable card and also a lot cheaper, it just doesn't have this kind of power. You can see at times we're talking about gains on this single GPU card of around 50%.
It's safe to say that this video card isn't going to be for everyone purely because of the price. The fact that we should also see new NVIDIA cards come out in the coming months also means that the card might not be as appealing. With the limited stock, though, and the fact that people want performance now, the GTX TITAN is still the most attractive option for people who have money to spend and want just a really fast single GPU solution. You can see why the model is constantly sold out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card