Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
At $1019.99 the EVGA GTX TITAN 6GB SuperClocked is an extremely expensive video card, but you can't deny the great performance that it offers. We understand that the dual GPU option isn't for everyone, and the upcoming HD 7990 from AMD is something that doesn't really interest everyone. So, the price could be justified.
The GTX TITAN is just all about performance, and performance it offers. The numbers that we're getting out of this single GPU setup is quite amazing. You can see, though, that there's still room to move, as games like Nexuiz struggle after 1680 x 1050 and Sleeping Dogs with AA and AF on is still also an issue, even for such a powerful video card. While people continue to argue that there's nothing out there that can make use of the power of these video cards, we disagree with what they say.
The biggest issue with the model, though, continues to be the availability. Even at this price we continue to hear murmurs that NewEgg get only just a few cards here and there and they are then shipped straight out to people who have the product on back order.
While people say we continue to struggle in the current economy, we can't deny the fact that there's clearly a demand for video cards that top the four figure price range, like all those years ago. From the AMD side of things there's really no competition for this model - the HD 7970 GHz Edition while being a strong and capable card and also a lot cheaper, it just doesn't have this kind of power. You can see at times we're talking about gains on this single GPU card of around 50%.
It's safe to say that this video card isn't going to be for everyone purely because of the price. The fact that we should also see new NVIDIA cards come out in the coming months also means that the card might not be as appealing. With the limited stock, though, and the fact that people want performance now, the GTX TITAN is still the most attractive option for people who have money to spend and want just a really fast single GPU solution. You can see why the model is constantly sold out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top