Specifications, Configurations and Pricing
The ASUS S500C in the lab today features one of Intel's ultra-low voltage Ivy Bridge processors. Specifically, the S500C comes with a dual-core Intel i5-3317U clocked at 1.7GHz. When loaded, the processor can dynamically clock all the way up to 2.6GHz.
Coupled with the 3317U is 6GB of DDR3-1600 RAM. 6GB of RAM is more than enough for most users and applications. Graphics are provided via Intel's somewhat capable HD4000 integrated graphics processor.
The screen features a resolution of 1366x768, which is a bit on the low side for a 15.6-inch machine. However, having a lower resolution on a touch-enabled laptop isn't as bad as it makes on-screen items larger - perfect for touch systems. As you'll find out in subsequent reviews, high-resolution screens make using Windows 8 Desktop Mode much more difficult.
The system features a 500GB 5,400RPM hard drive for mass storage, coupled with a 24GB mSATA SSD. The small SSD is used for caching, allowing for speedy start-ups and shutdowns.
The laptop box was packaged inside another larger box.
The laptop box is the same that we've seen other ASUS notebooks come in. It's made from recycled cardboard and printed with soy ink, ASUS' contribution to being green.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard