Specifications, Configurations and Pricing
The ASUS S500C in the lab today features one of Intel's ultra-low voltage Ivy Bridge processors. Specifically, the S500C comes with a dual-core Intel i5-3317U clocked at 1.7GHz. When loaded, the processor can dynamically clock all the way up to 2.6GHz.
Coupled with the 3317U is 6GB of DDR3-1600 RAM. 6GB of RAM is more than enough for most users and applications. Graphics are provided via Intel's somewhat capable HD4000 integrated graphics processor.
The screen features a resolution of 1366x768, which is a bit on the low side for a 15.6-inch machine. However, having a lower resolution on a touch-enabled laptop isn't as bad as it makes on-screen items larger - perfect for touch systems. As you'll find out in subsequent reviews, high-resolution screens make using Windows 8 Desktop Mode much more difficult.
The system features a 500GB 5,400RPM hard drive for mass storage, coupled with a 24GB mSATA SSD. The small SSD is used for caching, allowing for speedy start-ups and shutdowns.
The laptop box was packaged inside another larger box.
The laptop box is the same that we've seen other ASUS notebooks come in. It's made from recycled cardboard and printed with soy ink, ASUS' contribution to being green.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung foldable smartphone patents show interesting new designs
- Google DeepMind co-founder OUT over 'controversy' over his AI projects
- Valve teams with Perfect World for 'Steam China' for Chinese gamers
- AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su says CrossFire is 'not a significant focus'
- Yes, the V-shaped PlayStation 5 dev kit is real says game developer
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems