Let's take a look at what we've just seen in the benchmarks. The Digital Storm Bolt is just slightly larger than your everyday gaming console, yet its performance is many times higher. This system would be a great option for a HTPC and could easily replace your PlayStation 3 if configured with the optional Blu-ray drive.
While this system does offer fewer configuration options than others available, it does offer some unique advantages over those others. For one, the Bolt's case is a completely custom designed by Digital Storm.
While we're on the topic of a completely custom case, let's note that it doesn't have all of the fit and finish of the mass produced cases on the market. Don't get me wrong, it looks great and feels solid. However, I did run into some slight clearance issues when trying to open and close the case. It's not a massive problem as most people won't be going in and out of their case daily. It is worth noting that some slight tweaking of the side panel was required to get it to slide off. Other than that, the custom case is awesome.
Users who place their system on their desk will also benefit from the small footprint presented by this pint-sized machine. They will not have to sacrifice performance in order to reclaim their desk space. As the owner of a PC in a giant CoolerMaster HAF 932, I know this fact all too well. It will also be easy to move around, which is especially good if you are someone who enjoys LAN parties.
Our review system came with an NVIDIA 660 Ti, which isn't the fastest video card around. However, the system can be customized with an NVIDIA 680, GTX Titan or upgraded at a later time as money and needs dictate.
But now we need to bring the price into the discussion. Coming in at $1,599, I would have liked to see the system come with a slightly better video card. Toss in a GTX 670 into this machine and Digital Storm has themselves a real winner on their hands. With the current 660 Ti, I'm not as sure I could justify $1,600.
If we add in the customer support, cable management, and incredible form factor that Digital Storm has achieved, the price starts to become a bit easier to swallow. All-in-all, the Digital Storm Bolt feels like a solid, quality machine. It managed to survive our benchmarks, which isn't an easy task.
Next time you're in the market for a new small form-factor desktop, the Bolt should definitely be on your list of systems to take a look at. Ultimately you'll need to see if the somewhat limited configuration options allow you the flexibility you require.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- The Legend of Zelda: BOTW - Creating a Champion details
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990X simulated tests: 32C/64T beast!
- Hollow Knight 'Gods & Glory' DLC arrives August 23rd
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit