Accessories and Documentation
Part of the hardware you get is the AMD and Intel mounting systems. On the left are the AMD back plate and the pair of more squared head unit legs. On the right are the universal Intel back plate and the angle top mounting legs.
You also are going to need the four tiny screws to mount the legs to the head unit; you will also need some risers, LGA2011 screws, and the socket to drive them in. You also get a small tube of thermal compound and a Y-splitter to power two fans off a single CPU fan header.
To go along with the radiator and fans, you need to have the right hardware to be silent and secure. There is a rubber isolation pad that you put between the radiator and the fans to keep them from rattling against each other. You then have the option of 30.5 or 33.5mm screws, or the 5mm 6/32 screws to mount the radiator to the case.
You also get this pair of A12025-24RB-4CP-F1 fans to cool the radiator. Both fans are powered with a 4-pin PWM connection to allow the fans to increase and decrease with heat loads to allow the user to only need to hear what is needed to keep things managed, not to have to deal with them full blast all the time.
The manual included with the Seidon 240M starts with a parts check list, so it is best at this point to make sure you have everything you need to get this unit installed into your PC.
It starts by showing how to adjust the Intel back plate that you need to remove the cap on the base, and apply some TIM to the CPU. It then shows the back plate going in the motherboard, screwing the risers down, and then mounting the head unit to the motherboard.
For AMD you remove the top support and factory back plate, install the one provided, and then mount, with the AMD legs, the head unit to the motherboard. It then moves into the radiator installation that is pretty simple to understand.
The instructions end with CM showing that both the head unit 3-pin connector and the fans or the Y-Splitter 4-pin PWM connections must also be made.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Seidon 240M AIO CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market