The Ti version of the GTX 650 really brings that extra "oomph" that we want to see from a video card that makes 1680 x 1050 an easy option under a lot of games. Saying that, though, we couldn't with confidence say that 1680 x 1050 is an option on all games as you can see under those intensive games that we do fall back under that number of 60 FPS we need to see for a smooth gaming experience.
What's important, though, is that when we do fall behind, we're never all that far away from that 60 FPS number. Considering we bench with max in game details it means that we really do have a lot of room to move when it comes to detail and dropping in game detail just slightly will get those extra FPS that we need.
On the other hand if you don't want to drop detail overclocking is your next option and this shouldn't come as too much of a shock since the card is part of the Power Edition series. One of the main reasons to choose this card over others is because of the greater overclocking options that are offered by a Power Edition model.
I'm also a fan of the fact that MSI have chosen to go with the Cyclone cooler in this instance instead of the TransThermal option we saw on the non-Ti version. While we're a fan of that cooler we felt that it's a little over the top for the model with the extra fan option. It's a strong cooler and we saw that it pulled some absolutely fantastic numbers, but we continue to feel it's not all that necessary for this lower end mid-range model.
Overall the GTX 650 Ti Power Edition is just a strong performing model for the price and the GTX 650 Ti on a whole is a good addition to the NVIDIA stable. While we haven't looked at the overclocking side of things here today, we can tell you that we're again off to a good start like we saw with the GTX 650.
We've also got some much nicer numbers to start with when it comes to the performance side of things. We're often seeing in game that we're only a few FPS away from that 60 FPS number we aim for. If we can lift our numbers to where we want without the need to drop any in game detail then we can chalk up the overclocking side of things with a win.
Coming in at $159.99 this is a great option for people who want to spend money that sits around that mid $100 mark. For comparisons sake the Power Edition version of the HD 7770 from MSI comes in at $124.99 after rebate and the overclocking performance wasn't as strong. For that reason we wouldn't hesitate recommending you spend the extra dollars for this video card.
We've said it before and we'll say it again; in typical fashion MSI has done a good job with a good model that manages to really stand out for all the right reasons. We would've preferred a nicer looking PCB against the Cyclone cooler, but in the end performance is what talks and the Power Edition from MSI is a good looking model.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- is a supplement this is
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card