Palit have done a good job here with the GEFORCE GTX 660 Ti by offering a nice out of the box overclock in both the core and memory department and this is going to help it outperform the reference clocked options. And of course today you can see that thanks to the quality of the cooler, the overclocking potential on the JetStream option is really strong helping boost performance very well.
We shouldn't see a lot of reference clock cards pushed onto the market as we see companies do their thing to the GTX 660 Ti from day one. So if it comes down to a video card that you're not going to overclock yourself, then the out of the box clocks are going to be important for you. While Palit didn't do a lot with the memory clock, it's nice that they did choose to give it a slight boost.
The JetStream cooler has also proved itself extremely well again offering some good numbers and while running a little warmer, considering the strong overclock and the extra voltage running through the card, the numbers aren't something that worry us - especially when you see at times we're able to sneak ahead of the much more expensive GTX 680.
One of the areas I think the new model will really shine, though, is going to be SLI which is an area we haven't had a chance to look at. With a decent price tag for two we should see some excellent performance come out of a pair helping cement the model as a perfect option for 2560 x 1600 gaming when running in SLI dual graphics mode.
What is AMD going to do now? Well, we've seen the company respond with the new HD 7950 Boost model which will be the next video card to go in our testbed. It only hasn't because samples of this new NVIDIA model came in very last minute and not everyone is promoting it. We're really only seeing AMD partners push the new Boost model, which is much the same way we saw AMD partners push the HD 7970 GHz Edition.
In the end this makes a lot of sense to us as partners of both NVIDIA and AMD probably don't really mind which model you buy - as long as it's from them. It's going to be rather interesting to see how the new Boost model from AMD goes, though. What is also going to be interesting is the coming weeks which will see the launch of the GTX 650 and GTX 660. Can NVIDIA continue the strong push with these mid-range models or will moving below the GTX 660 Ti become a bit of a bore?
For now, though, if you're looking at spending around that mid $300 area this is going to be a really nice option for you as Palit has put together a great version of the new GTX 660 Ti. I suppose we just continue to wait, though, and see what other partners bring to the table as this price bracket is no doubt one of the most important for NVIDIA and its partners as it's where the real quantity is sold.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit