Looking above you can see a run down on our testbed so we won't go into any more detail on that. Instead we'll quickly cover the boards that we'll be using in our graphs today before moving onto the overclocking side of things which is then of course followed up with the performance tests.
The main board we want to compare against the ASRock Z75 Pro3 is its big brother the ASRock Z77 Pro3 based on the higher end Z77 chipset. Going over the Z75 Pro3 today, though, we can see there's nothing too major going on when it comes to looking at the two boards so it will be interesting to see what goes on with performance.
Along with those two boards, though, we've also got the ASRock X79 Extreme4, ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and ASUS Maximus V GENE to round out the collection. As always, though, before we get into the testing side of things we want to quickly take a look at what's going on with the overclocking side of things which could possibly be an area which isn't as strong as the Z77 Pro3.
On the Z77 Pro3 we found ourselves getting a solid 4.6GHz clock our of our i7 3770k CPU which is by no means the highest we've achieved with some other Z77 boards offering us closer to 4.8GHz. With that as our starting point today, though, we headed into the BIOS, adjusted our voltages and set the CPU multiplier to 46x.
As we'd hope we didn't run into any problems at 4.6GHz so we moved up to the 47x multiplier which got into Windows with no issues, but it did BSOD quite quickly after we started our MediaEspresso encode. So we headed back into the BIOS, moved to 46x multiplier and bumped the BCLK up ever so slightly to 100.5 which resulted in our CPU running at 4.62GHz.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms