Looking above you can see a run down on our testbed so we won't go into any more detail on that. Instead we'll quickly cover the boards that we'll be using in our graphs today before moving onto the overclocking side of things which is then of course followed up with the performance tests.
The main board we want to compare against the ASRock Z75 Pro3 is its big brother the ASRock Z77 Pro3 based on the higher end Z77 chipset. Going over the Z75 Pro3 today, though, we can see there's nothing too major going on when it comes to looking at the two boards so it will be interesting to see what goes on with performance.
Along with those two boards, though, we've also got the ASRock X79 Extreme4, ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z and ASUS Maximus V GENE to round out the collection. As always, though, before we get into the testing side of things we want to quickly take a look at what's going on with the overclocking side of things which could possibly be an area which isn't as strong as the Z77 Pro3.
On the Z77 Pro3 we found ourselves getting a solid 4.6GHz clock our of our i7 3770k CPU which is by no means the highest we've achieved with some other Z77 boards offering us closer to 4.8GHz. With that as our starting point today, though, we headed into the BIOS, adjusted our voltages and set the CPU multiplier to 46x.
As we'd hope we didn't run into any problems at 4.6GHz so we moved up to the 47x multiplier which got into Windows with no issues, but it did BSOD quite quickly after we started our MediaEspresso encode. So we headed back into the BIOS, moved to 46x multiplier and bumped the BCLK up ever so slightly to 100.5 which resulted in our CPU running at 4.62GHz.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ last beta goes live January 23
- Monster Hunter World devs have no plans for Nintendo Switch
- God of War confirmed release date and new story trailer
- AMD appoints fresh blood to Radeon team
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- صيانة يونيفرسال سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Univarsal
- صيانة الكتروستار سموحه 01112124913 - 0235682820 Electrostar
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top