Installation and Finished Product
The first thing you have got to do is install the foam spacer pads on the back plate. If you plan to use the cooler for a long time, then peel both sides of the tape on the foam and stick this right to the motherboard.
Since I am using a Z68 motherboard, I found the 1155/1156 holes in the back plate and line up the nuts so that they lock into the back plate once all the way in.
Line up the back plate with the holes in the motherboard and attach the back plate. The plate does sit at an angle for this installation, but it makes no difference for the mounting or its pressure.
In the old days this is how the top bracket had to be dealt with. You could slide it over the top, but it just flopped loosely, just as this one has fallen back to the hoses.
Not with the Water2.0 kits! This handy little locking ring keeps the top metal ring locked into the tabs on the head unit. So when the rest of the hardware is in place, this all goes onto the CPU just like a custom block would install.
There isn't really much to see on the motherboard in preparation for mounting these. Just that the nuts from the back plate are in the holes and I need to add some TIM before I mount up the Warer2.0 Pro.
With the adapters in the ends of the bracket and the thumbscrews clicked into place, the head unit of this Water2.0 Pro is ready to go.
To mount the head unit, line up the screws and work in an X pattern as you tighten each a little bit at a time until the thread stop the screws as they bottom out. All that's left on this end it to plug in the 3-pin connection for the pump and be sure it gets 12V of power.
This is more just to give you an idea of what sort of room you have with this AIO as the radiator sits some four inches behind the edge of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro AIO Liquid Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- New Street Fighter V character 'Kage' image leaked early
- RDX Surge Male Enhancement Pills : Maximize Your Performance with RDXSurge!
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire