It's been a couple of years since I had the desire to want to try out mechanical keyboards, but like many, sticker shock to acquire one was what sent me packing back to keyboards with rubber dome switches. I was being told by a couple of close friends, for the amount of typing that I do with my reviews, they were shocked that I tolerated the rubber switches as long as I did. Personally, I don't have anything against them or the keyboards that use them. Until this sample hit my door I have been a dedicated user of averagely priced keyboards. To be more specific, that usually ends up in the $50 and under category. This doesn't allow for many contenders, but I was of the mind that I can do anything with a cheaper board that the more expensive boards can do.
That was my way of thinking, at least until I actually got to play around with and enjoy playing around with one of the two keyboards that Corsair just sent me. I spent quite a bit of time playing with the keyboards and mice at CES, but you just got the essence of what these boards were all about. They were fully functional at that time, but ten to fifteen minutes of play time does not give you the full feel of this product. Not only did Corsair steeping up to offer a reasonable priced solution to ponder in the mechanical keyboard segment, this keyboard seems to feel better every time I use it and that is something my fingers will say never happened on any of my rubber dome switch keyboards. In reality, with prolonged use of prior boards, my fingers did feel the brunt of the exchange between key and finger.
The Vengeance keyboard we will be looking at today is the K90 Performance MMO mechanical gaming keyboard. Don't let the long title fool you, this keyboard can and is used by many people who aren't currently into any MMO's, like me who is waiting for Guild Wars 2 before I get back into MMO gaming. That doesn't make this product any less appealing, just that it has potential to grow to my gaming habits once GW2 releases.
Without going into detail too much, let me just say that this is my favorite keyboard I have ever tested and to be honest, it is going nowhere anytime soon, that is for sure. My fingers thank me while I am writing, my gaming is easier and the K90 is backlit so well you can't help but like the icy blue glow on the aluminum top of this keyboard. I really urge you to continue on with reading this review, as there is just too much to cover in the introduction and the specifications to show how well Corsair really does with their new mechanical keyboard offerings.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Contents]
- Page 4 [Corsair Vengeance K90]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Todd Howard: I'd rather spend longer on a game than rush it
- Free Monster Hunter World: Iceborne beta coming to PS4
- PS5 is 'more of the same' says PlatinumGames
- Bethesda's cancelled Terminator game had you play as a T-800
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won't have day 1 download on Switch
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- Pinball wizards rejoice! Marvelous Europe adds a juicy twist to the pinball game format in SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball
- Dark Quest 2 Now Available on iOS and Android
- Novigrad is GWENT's second expansion. Pre-order offer now available!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - World Tour Returns For A Second Round in 2019/2020
- Jurassic World Evolution: Claire's Sanctuary available now on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One