Antec provides a rather decent selection of cables and connector availability for the EarthWatts 650W Platinum unit. Aside from the mandatory 20+4 pin Main and ATX4+4 connectors there are six SATA, four Molex, one FDD and two PCI-E connectors. It would have been nice to see another set of PCI-E connectors, especially since the power supply boasts the SLI ready logo on the back of the box.
Antec doesn't disclose the rail distribution anywhere that we could find, but it was rather easy to trace once we opened up the unit. Everything is divided up relatively evenly with all peripheral connections on 12V1, the ATX 4+4 connection on 12V2, 20+4 pin Main on 12V3 and two PCI-E connections on 12V4.
A Look Inside
Popping the bottom off, we find a very simple unit with little passive cooling.
A single Taiwanese made CapXon capacitor is utilized on the primary side of the unit.
Nippon Chemi-Con's can be found on the secondary side of the PSU.
Antec uses the Yate Loon D12BH-12 fan to cool the EarthWatts 650W Platinum power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why Atari VCS doesn't use Ryzen APU
- Atari VCS upgraded to 8GB of unified memory
- Inland Professional SATA III moves to 2nd place at Amazon
- Offensive language in Rainbow Six Siege now gives insta-ban
- Nintendo teases future updates for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 rev 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit