A few months ago when new chipsets were launching, I'd always go to the effort to try and hunt down some mITX versions of boards, because like I've said before, the mITX format actually has some serious power to offer people and can be paired with other high end components you'd normally see in standard ATX boards.
Over the last few months we've managed to look at the ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT, ASRock A75M-ITX and ASUS P8H67-I with more coming up. I'm actually at the point now where I don't have to ask for a mITX board; companies just send them over as they know it's something I like to cover. Today we look at a mITX board from GIGABYTE that carries the H61 chipset, a chipset that I actually haven't used yet.
The exact model is the H61N-USB3 and we'll no doubt today see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the board while also looking at what kind of features are on offer. Before we get into all that kind of stuff, the first thing we've got to do is look at the package.
As always, once we've checked out the package we'll move onto the board itself, check out the BIOS, see if there's some overclocking potential on offer and then just get stuck into the benchmark side of things.
Like every other mITX board we look at, we've of course got ourselves a very small box. Overall design is very GIGABYTE with the model and some of the main features seen on the front, while turning over gives us a run down on the new "Super4" tag that GIGABYTE have given the board. As you can see, it refers to the board offering "Super" Safe / Speed / Savings / Sound.
As for inside the package, we've got the typical mITX basic bundle on offer which includes the normal line-up of paperwork, driver CD, pair of SATA cables and our back I/O plate. Nothing too out of the ordinary is seen here at all, so let's just get stuck into the board itself to see what's going on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series