A few months ago when new chipsets were launching, I'd always go to the effort to try and hunt down some mITX versions of boards, because like I've said before, the mITX format actually has some serious power to offer people and can be paired with other high end components you'd normally see in standard ATX boards.
Over the last few months we've managed to look at the ASRock Z68M-ITX/HT, ASRock A75M-ITX and ASUS P8H67-I with more coming up. I'm actually at the point now where I don't have to ask for a mITX board; companies just send them over as they know it's something I like to cover. Today we look at a mITX board from GIGABYTE that carries the H61 chipset, a chipset that I actually haven't used yet.
The exact model is the H61N-USB3 and we'll no doubt today see just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the board while also looking at what kind of features are on offer. Before we get into all that kind of stuff, the first thing we've got to do is look at the package.
As always, once we've checked out the package we'll move onto the board itself, check out the BIOS, see if there's some overclocking potential on offer and then just get stuck into the benchmark side of things.
Like every other mITX board we look at, we've of course got ourselves a very small box. Overall design is very GIGABYTE with the model and some of the main features seen on the front, while turning over gives us a run down on the new "Super4" tag that GIGABYTE have given the board. As you can see, it refers to the board offering "Super" Safe / Speed / Savings / Sound.
As for inside the package, we've got the typical mITX basic bundle on offer which includes the normal line-up of paperwork, driver CD, pair of SATA cables and our back I/O plate. Nothing too out of the ordinary is seen here at all, so let's just get stuck into the board itself to see what's going on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo signals 3DS retirement, ignores it in presentation
- Switch digital revenue nearly doubles, software up 86%
- Death Stranding creator meets Robert De Niro at Tribeca 2019
- Mortal Kombat 11's Director says '$6440 story' is BULLSH*T
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate overtakes Wii U console sales
- ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha.....blocked mounting hole
- OWC 10Gbe Thunderbolt 3 Review
- did the old ivy bridge overclock issue on z68 boards ever get fixed?
- LED strip always on even after PC off?
- Netgear Orbi Pro Ceiling Review
- Carpe Diem! Imperator: Rome Available Now
- Garth Brooks Makes Mobile Game Debut in Words With Friends, Announces Final Pre-Order Window for The Legacy Collection
- Nexile releases new trailer for Jump King along with release date
- World War Z - The zombie apocalypse is frantic, frightening - and fun - in the World War Z Reaction Trailer!
- Focus Home Interactive Q4 2018 - 2019 Earnings!