At the end of this past March I was introduced to the first cooler from Shagon', the ARC-118. While the cooler was small in stature and cooled by only a 92mm fan, from what I can recall the cooler did pretty well on the charts and offered a somewhat silent user experience. Taking the basic tower, adding a uniquely colored shroud and fan blade combination, the maroon coloring made for an easily recognizable product in your case. Once you have laid eyes on this cooler it's much like a Noctua color scheme, it just never goes away as to which product is in the PC.
Following what made the ARC-118 an attractive prospect for your money, Shagon' went to a larger cooler this time. Similarities include the coloring, the use of a top cover that also acts to support the fan, and even the shape of the two coolers is similar. Where this new cooler starts to make a name for itself, it incorporates more heat pipes, more fins, a different fin design with cuts in the main area of flow and while similar, the new cooler takes a unique top cover shape.
I am eager to see what the changes and improvements have to offer the end user and see just how well this cooler will compete. I am speaking of the Shagon' AHC-118 CPU cooler we are about to take a look at today. Knowing what I know from looking at the ARC-118, I expect this cooler to be considerably better performing than the 92mm fan powered little brother. Silence seems to be the key, along with a unique looking cooler design for Shagon'. If you are going to enter an already full market, you do need to set yourself apart from the others. I just hope there isn't a lopsided battle of noise levels winning out to performance.
With a tag line like the "best overclocking weapon", I would think that this cooler will have the ability to handle just about anything I can throw at it and hopefully can do it with little noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Shagon' AHC-118 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- ARK on Xbox One X: renders at 1440p 30FPS or 1080p 60FPS
- Sources: Nintendo restricts review copies to curb leaks
- Dead Space 2 dev recounts harsh reality of game budgets
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz