With the GTX 580 launch being extremely rough for us, there was no way the GTX 570 launch could be any rougher. Still, it wasn't easy with the card shipping to us at the last minute and me having to personally pick it up from the courier depot nothing short of 15 hours ago so that I could get this review to you.
Still, everything went to some form of plan in the end and at least I'm able to bring you the GTX 570 review the second the NDA lifts; even if it does have to share the lime light a little with 3DMark 11. I'm not sure if it was done on purpose by one of the companies or what, but you would assume that they both can't be that happy; you'd think we'd have a little bit of space between the two launches. Really, though, it doesn't matter now.
What does matter is that we're looking at the GTX 570 here; the replacement to the GTX 470 which really hasn't existed for a bit now. Over the past few months it's been all about two models from NVIDIA; the GTX 480 which was the fastest single GPU card on the market, and the GTX 460. The latter could beat a GTX 480 when it was paired up with a second card. It costs less and supported surround vision. It was a killer card and SLI was a killer combination that just yielded massive performance. The GTX 460 was one of the first cards to bring real value to the SLI market.
Gainward has been able to step straight out of the box at launch, though, with the GTX 570 and bring us a Goes Like Hell edition straight away. The GLH series has lived true to its name over the recent launches and we've got our fingers crossed that it holds some truth here, too. Before we cover the performance, though, let's take a look at the package Gainward has put together while also taking the time to have a closer look at the card itself.
Checking out the package, you're not going to see anything that you haven't seen before. Looking at the front of the box, though, you can see we're dealing with a Goes Like Hell edition card which is always a good thing. The only thing that might look a bit different is the power connector. This particular one is a dual 6-Pin PCI-E to 8-Pin PCI-E connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Final Fantasy XIV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - PhysX Tests]
- Page 16 [Temperature Test]
- Page 17 [Sound Test]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes