Irvine, CA-based Gateway, Inc., now a subsidiary of Acer, Inc., is well known to anybody who was into computers in the 1990s for the company's trademark black-and-white cow-print boxes and brick-and-mortar stores.
After some post-dot-com-bubble financial struggles and management shakeups, Gateway shuttered its retail stores and withdrew from the international market, focusing instead on online sales.
While not a brand most gamers associate with hot 3D performance, the company is making inroads with its FX series, which ranges from $999USD for the base model FX6840 to the $3000 and up FX6800.
Gateway set us up with the FX6803 for this review. This system comes from the middle of the company's gaming desktop range, featuring an Intel i7 930 processor and an ATI HD 5850 graphics card.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Here are the system specs from Gateway's website:
Gateway doesn't sell its machines on the company website, preferring to move products through retail outlets such as TigerDirect and Amazon.
An Intel i7 930 running at the stock 2.93GHz provides processing power for the system. The proprietary motherboard based on the X58 chipset hosts 9GB of Kingston DDR3-1300 SDRAM. A single 1.5TB Seagate 7200RPM drive provides storage, and an ATI HD 5850 GPU runs the display. A 750watt power supply provides juice for the system.
The FX6803 retails in the $1400-1500 range, depending on tax and shipping costs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Android 17 confirmed as next Dragon Ball FighterZ DLC
- Danny Trejo introduces Magic: The Gathering Arena Open Beta
- Dark Souls Remastered for Switch: Network Test available
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance