Irvine, CA-based Gateway, Inc., now a subsidiary of Acer, Inc., is well known to anybody who was into computers in the 1990s for the company's trademark black-and-white cow-print boxes and brick-and-mortar stores.
After some post-dot-com-bubble financial struggles and management shakeups, Gateway shuttered its retail stores and withdrew from the international market, focusing instead on online sales.
While not a brand most gamers associate with hot 3D performance, the company is making inroads with its FX series, which ranges from $999USD for the base model FX6840 to the $3000 and up FX6800.
Gateway set us up with the FX6803 for this review. This system comes from the middle of the company's gaming desktop range, featuring an Intel i7 930 processor and an ATI HD 5850 graphics card.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Here are the system specs from Gateway's website:
Gateway doesn't sell its machines on the company website, preferring to move products through retail outlets such as TigerDirect and Amazon.
An Intel i7 930 running at the stock 2.93GHz provides processing power for the system. The proprietary motherboard based on the X58 chipset hosts 9GB of Kingston DDR3-1300 SDRAM. A single 1.5TB Seagate 7200RPM drive provides storage, and an ATI HD 5850 GPU runs the display. A 750watt power supply provides juice for the system.
The FX6803 retails in the $1400-1500 range, depending on tax and shipping costs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series