Specifications, Pricing and Availability
The biggest selling point of this drive is obviously the height, 7mm. Until now the standard has been 9.5mm for notebooks. In the enterprise market there are also 2.5" form factor drives that are 12 and 15mm thick, but most of those have been SAS drives and not compatible with notebook drives 5v power requirements. The 7mm standard is backwards compatible with 9.5mm thick drives, but is being positioned to take over the low cost segment of the market.
With a reduced size all current 7mm drives are limited to a single platter. This is an area where Hitachi is currently leading the competition since Seagate's highest capacity 7mm thick drive is only 250GB. Hitachi's new Z Series comes in 160, 250 and 320GB capacity sizes.
The Z Series is divided into two main categories; Z5 the 5,400 RPM models and Z7 for 7,200 RPM drives. Today we are going to focus on the Z5K320, a 320GB drive that has an 8MB cache buffer and a very low acoustic rating.
After a quick search I was unable to find the Hitachi Z5K320 at Newegg, but Provantage had stock available for 50.72 USD at the time of writing. For comparison we found Seagate's 250GB 7mm drive online for 60 USD at eCost.com. This puts Hitachi's Z5K320 in a nice position since it has higher capacity and costs less than the main competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Tesla's impressive new electric Semi Truck starts at $150K
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ