The OCZ Technology Vertex 2 E 120GB SSD
We are not expecting to see any changes on the front of the Vertex 2.
The last labels to be changed are on the back. Just add a quick firmware change and presto, 100GB turns to 120GB. That is at least what we are hoping for.
The side of the Vertex 2 E has all of the standard mounting positions for easy installation in desktop or notebook computers.
Standard SATA power and data connectors were also used, so just about any hot swap device that use 2.5" form factor drives will work.
With the PCB out we see that the configuration hasn't changed and the same eight Intel flash modules are present on each side. In the middle we see the SandForce SF-1200 controller.
On the back side of the PCB we found another eight flash modules.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The OCZ Technology Vertex 2 E 120GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]