It's easy to get a bit taken back with the cooler design and its a little bit of a mixed bag. I love the text over it. PSU requirements, mention of Fermi GPU inside and others make it look pretty cool. You can also see bits off copper which give it an overall mean look. Behind the fan is also a blue LED which makes the card look great when up and running.
Where it all becomes a little unstuck is with the quality. It's just plastic and it doesn't feel the best. In saying that, though, it doesn't feel like it's going to break or anything like that. I think the general flimsiness is due to the feature which gives you the ability to pull back the fan.
Pulling back the fan lets you get to the heatsink and the idea is that once a bit of dust is built up you can clean the heatsink quickly, so cooling is at peak performance at all times. It's actually really not a bad idea and when you're in the PC making a few changes or giving a clean-up, a quick dust of the heatsink on the VGA card is a great idea.
There's no denying that this could be done in a sturdier way, however. It's the first time we've seen something like this and it's no doubt going to be a learning curve. This is ultimately the cost of being innovative; you're not going to be able to perfect a new process the first time.
Apart from this, no other surprises are really found on the card with connectivity offering us two Dual-Link DVI ports and a single mini HDMI one.
As we mentioned already, Galaxy has chosen to overclock the model. They haven't gone too crazy, though. Galaxy has chosen to leave the 1280MB of GDDR5 memory at the default 3348MHz QDR, but they have bumped the core from 807MHz to 825MHz which also results in the Shader clock going from 1215MHz too 1250MHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 18 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 19 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 20 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlegrounds physical copy teased for Xbox One
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard