Test System & Test Results
TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Temperature at idle was a bit more than the CoolIt ECO, well over a degree. I looked for the reasoning behind it and did some testing. What I had found is that the head unit on the pump is very warm, almost hot to the touch when just the pump is cycling. On the flip side, the CoolIT uses a very low wattage pump and their head unit doesn't feel warm when operational.
At load, temperatures really started to even out. With two tenths of a degree difference at load, I have to say they are both pretty good at what they do, cooling the processor at load.
Fan noise is very similar between the two at idle. As I mentioned, noise level is subjective here. Most of us are going to swap fans and toy around with them to achieve either better cooling performance or lower sound levels with similar performance.
With everything maxed out the H50 does pull ahead of the ECO in noise levels and at 8dB difference, it is slight. But for those who have to get the quietest stock solution, I think Corsair takes this one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Corsair Hydro Series H50 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA shakeup prompts Jade Raymond's departure
- Fallout 76 has 150 hours of side quests, will grow over time
- Halo 6 being developed with esports in mind
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam