You can read more about TweakTown's Storage Product Testing Workstation and the procedures followed to test products in this article.
The new WD VelociRaptor was tested on the onboard GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 Marvell SATA 6G adapter. The other SATA 6G devices were tested on the same onboard adapter. SATA II testing was conducted on the X58A-UD7 Intel SATA 3G.
In the above image you may have noticed a few HDDs in the background. We are in the process of testing all of them with the new Intel RST 9.6 drivers and in the near future will have a complete breakdown of their performance.
ATTO Baseline Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.34
ATTO is used by many disk manufacturers to determine the read and write speeds that will be presented to customers.
In ATTO we see a nice progressive wave of performance that shows the drive is running normally. Our drive arrived a few hours after the official launch so we didn't get time to run it on Intel SATA II, but given that the Intel chipset performs better than the onboard Marvell SATA 6G we are thinking we will be able to pull another 5% from the drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 6G]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower