Not all that long ago I received an e-mail from ASUS asking about a new brand name. They wanted to create a new line-up of products that were aimed solely at the gamers and overclockers. This line-up would have the "best in class" features and offer performance levels above the norm. The problem was what to call this line...
In the end after the votes were tallied, the name "Republic of Gamers (or ROG as most call it) became the title. ROG products are generally recognized as some of the most feature-packed and tweakable products you can buy. Some of these have been the Crosshair series for AMD fans, the Rampage for Intel's top end chipset (like the X48 and X58) and the Maximus for the midrange P series even though the first Maximus was an X38 based board (P45, P55 etc.).
Today we have the third generation of the Maximus complete with improved cooling, Bluetooth overclocking and two full x16 PCIe slots (there are five, but only two will run at x16 combined) sitting on the test bench. Even with the power off it looks like it is raring to go; so let's hit the big red power button and get to it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!